About This Walk
Sarria to Santiago: 9 Days Walking & 1 Night in Santiago
Walk the last 119 km of the classic French Way of the Camino from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela (the minimum required to earn your Compostela). This is often viewed as one of the most historic routes, as you will walk through many varied landscapes, there are numerous reminders of the pilgrims past who travelled the route including crosses, statues and grain silos.
This final section of the walk takes you through the region of Galicia in Northern Spain to Santiago for a unique experience you’ll treasure forever through the undulating landscapes of Galicia. Enter the ancient city of Santiago de Compostela and relish the end of your journey at the Cathedral!
- From Sarria to Santiago is the most popular section of the entire Camino de Santiago
- Enjoy mouth watering local cuisine
- Sarria is 100km from Santiago, which is the minimum distance required for pilgrims to receive the “Compostela” certificate
- The main street of Sarria, Rúa Maior, has a picturesque atmosphere where we suggest you enjoy a good coffee during the afternoon.
- Varied landscapes with forests, farmlands and rustic villages
- Beautiful green landscape that is characteristic of Galicia
- In Santiago de Compostela you can visit the beautiful old town, which has been declared a Unesco World Heritage Site
- After finishing in Santiago, you can continue walking to Finisterre, it will take 3 – 4 more days
Day 1: Sarria
After making your way to Sarria you could possibly visit the old town, and you can choose to sample some of the local cuisines in one of the restaurants in Sarria.
From Sarria to Morgade, (13Km).
This first stage goes through different towns where you can visit some Romanesque churches along paths and forest tracks.
From Morgade to Portomarin, (11Km)
On reaching Portomarín we have the opportunity to visit the Romanesque church of St. Nicholas and this pretty village with its peculiar history.
From Portomarin to Ventas de Narón, (13Km)
From Ventas de Narón to Palas, (12Km)
From Palas to Melide, (14Km).
From Melide – Arzua (15km)
From Arzua to Salceda, (15km).
From Salceda to Lavacolla, (15km).
From Lavacolla to Santiago, (11km).
In Santiago de Compostela
Price of €759 per person includes:
10 nights accommodation in private hotels / pensions
Daily baggage transfers
Emergency support in the event of a problem
Single Supplement: €320
We have chosen popular family run hotels / pensions along the route. Accommodation is simple and follows the character of the area.
Single Supplement: €320