About This Walk
Begin your Camino walk in Ireland on the Boyne Camino with a group walk that will take place on the 23rd of September. Then complete your Camino with the 75km walk from A Coruna to Santiago de Compostela in Spain from the 18th of October.
Once you have walked 25km on the Celtic Camino prior to starting your walk in Spain, then complete the journey from A Coruña to Santiago, you can receive your Compostela in Santiago de Compostela.
Escape from the crowds and reconnect with yourself on this next phase of your Celtic Camino. The stunning and ‘more peaceful’ route from A Coruna port is an exceptionally strategic location, steeped in history and traditions. A Coruna was the entry points for pilgrims coming by sea from the north and is known historically as “the glass city.”.
A Coruna is a vibrant coastal city well known for its excellent food, great beaches, historic monuments and culture. Some of the main highlights of the city are the San Anton Castle, the 12th century Church of Santiago (Igrexa de Santiago) and the Tower of Hercules. This 75km guided walk passes through Sergude, before joining Sigueiro and culminating in the final destination of Santiago, where walkers receive their final Camino passport stamp and reflect on a once in a lifetime connection with a truly Celtic/Spanish journey!
- Experience the ‘Camino’ in both Ireland and Spain
- Choose from one of 9 Celtic Camino Camino Trails in Ireland
- Visit ‘A Coruna’, a vibrant coastal city, packed with great beaches and wonderful food and culture.
- Walk along the many rivers at Sergude
- See the famous Hercules Tower
- Pass through quaint and charming rural villages
- Enjoy the very best of local Galician dining in hotels and restaurants
- Enjoy spectacular views from hill climbs along the journey
- Visit Monte do Gozo or the ‘Mount of Joy’ in Sigueiro, with its’ historic artefacts and cathedral monument.
A Coruña to Santiago de Compostela
Departs: 18th October 2023
Day 1 – Arrival at Airport Santiago – Transfer to The Hotel in Coruña
Day 2 – Walk from Coruña to O Burgo ( 15 Km) . Transfer back to La Coruña
Day 3 – Transfer to O Burgo – Walk to Meson do Vento ( 20 Km) – Transfer Back to La Coruña
Day 4 – Transfer to Mesón do Vento – Walk to Sigüeiro ( 25 km) – Transfer to Hotel in Santiago
Day 5 – Transfer to Sigüeiro -. Walk to Santiago ( 15 Km)
Day 6 – Transfer to Airport Santiago
From €690 per person
- 5 Nights accommodation (based on 2 sharing a twin/double room)
- 3 Nights in A Coruna – 4* Accommodation
- 2 Nights in Santiago – 3*Accommodation
- Breakfast Daily
- 3 evening meals
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- 4 Days guided walk from A Coruna to Santiago de Compostela
- Daily baggage transfers and private local transfers
- Pilgrim passport
- Tour Leader/Guide
- Detailed walking notes
- Emergency Support
- Flights (Aer Lingus fly from Dublin) and transfer meets flight.
- Travel Insurance from €35.00pp
- Single room supplement €225.00
Departs: 18th October 2023
5 Nights accommodation (based on 2 sharing)
3 Nights in A Coruna in 4* Accommodation
2 Nights in Santiago in 3*Accommodation