About This Walk
Join us on a group departure to walk from A Coruña to Santiago De Compostela. (Ask our staff for the next group walk dates).
Start your Camino with a day’s walk in Ireland on the Celtic Camino, then walk with our group in Spain from A Coruna to Santiago de Compostela.
You will be met by our guide at the airport and transferred to your first hotel in A Coruña. The following morning you can set off at your own pace along the route. You will walk 75km in four days averaging about 15-25km per day. The route takes you through villages, towns, fields and beautiful landscapes until you arrive at Santiago De Compostela. The last night will be spent in Santiago De Compostela. On your last day, you will be transferred back to the airport.
Escape from the crowds and reconnect with yourself on this next phase of your Celtic Camino. The stunning and ‘more peaceful’ route from A Coruna port is an exceptionally strategic location, steeped in history and traditions. A Coruna was the entry points for pilgrims coming by sea from the north and is known historically as “the glass city.”
A Coruna is a vibrant coastal city well known for its excellent food, great beaches, historic monuments and culture. Some of the main highlights of the city are the San Anton Castle, the 12th century Church of Santiago (Igrexa de Santiago) and the Tower of Hercules. This 75km guided walk passes through Sergude, before joining Sigueiro and culminating in the final destination of Santiago, where walkers receive their final Camino passport stamp and reflect on a once in a lifetime connection with a truly Celtic/Spanish journey!
- Experience the ‘Camino’ in both Ireland and Spain
- Choose from one of 9 Celtic Camino Camino Trails in Ireland
- Visit ‘A Coruna’, a vibrant coastal city, packed with great beaches and wonderful food and culture.
- Walk along the many rivers at Sergude
- See the famous Hercules Tower
- Pass through quaint and charming rural villages
- Enjoy the very best of local Galician dining in hotels and restaurants
- Enjoy spectacular views from hill climbs along the journey
- Visit Monte do Gozo or the ‘Mount of Joy’ in Sigueiro, with its’ historic artefacts and cathedral monument.
A Coruña to Santiago de Compostela
Day 1 – Arrival at Santiago Airport – Transfer to The Hotel in Coruña
Day 2 – Walk from Coruña to O Burgo ( 15 Km) . Transfer back to La Coruña
Day 3 – Transfer to O Burgo – Walk to Meson do Vento ( 20 Km) – Transfer Back to La Coruña
Day 4 – Transfer to Mesón do Vento – Walk to Sigüeiro ( 25 km) – Transfer to Hotel in Santiago
Day 5 – Transfer to Sigüeiro -. Walk to Santiago ( 15 Km)
Day 6 – Transfer to Santiago Airport
From €660 per person
- 5 Nights accommodation (based on 2 sharing a twin/double room)
- 3 Nights in A Coruna – 4* Accommodation
- 2 Nights in Santiago – 3*Accommodation
- Breakfast Daily
- 3 evening meals
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- 4 Days guided walk from A Coruna to Santiago de Compostela
- Daily baggage transfers and private local transfers
- Pilgrim passport
- Tour Leader/Guide
- Detailed walking notes
- Emergency Support
- Flights (Aer Lingus fly from Dublin) and transfer meets flight.
- Travel Insurance from €35.00pp
- Single room supplement €225.00
5 Nights accommodation (based on 2 sharing)
3 Nights in A Coruna in 4* Accommodation
2 Nights in Santiago in 3*Accommodation